Saturday, June 2, 2007

THE RABBITS

Everything I know about rabbits I learned from Misty & Paul's wedding website, which states helpfully: "Rabbits are the primary source of labor in Australia. They have large hind feet, keep their babies in pouches, and can box."

Misty and Paul live with two bunnies whose care I have been entrusted with while they honeymoon in Turkey. This is Bess, a black lionhead



and here is Ben, a white lopeared rabbit



they love each other



they also like eating, cuddling, and being destructicons (not pictured)





I'm not so sure whether or not they actually like me, but they do occasionally seem to enjoy my company and my selection and service of pellets and fine vegetables.

Here, Ben is not so much nuzzling, as checking to see if I contain any edible, or at the very least chew-able parts



I thought I might trick them into accepting me as one of them, but Ben seemed rather dubious of my disguise



which is fine, really. I don't even like kale.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!! Can we get a rabbit when you return? We better not tell the savage. Continue the Domination.

Brian said...

When did you get a blog? This is news to me. I miss Basty too. Only a week and half until we are reunited.

erika said...

hello brian! I was certain I told you, but I didn't think you'd have a lot of time to look at pictures of rabbits while you were in Georgia. I've been enjoying your postings though! Please show Basty my picture and pet him good.