Thursday, April 9, 2009

$$$!!!$$$!!!$$$!!!$$$!!!$$$!!!$$$

A very obtusely worded e-mail arrived in my inbox today and from it I slowly deduced the news that I have won a grant for my dissertation research next year from the National Science Foundation. It is less money than the Fulbright but more social capital, and y'all know how I prize social capital over shekels any old day. 

HOORAY! I HAVE BEEN FUNDED!!! 

ADDENDUM:

On Monday I received word that I have also been granted a Fulbright. The news continues to be excellent though as a friend recently noted, if ATM machines start suddenly spitting out cash at me as I walk by I might start to wonder if that deal with the devil that I made didn't work a little too well.

5 comments:

moxie said...

i am so happy for you, the cougar. you deserve it. you shine.

Matthew D Dunn said...

Congrats Erika. That's awesome.

When I got that awkwardly worded letter last year I fought to discover that in fact I was rejected.

Anonymous said...

YES!!!

Big time congrats & roars.

love,
pops

Alia Pirzada said...

FANTASTIC!! How you say "TOO COOL!" in Mandarin?

erika said...

You can say 太好了!(pronounced "tie how luh") or 真棒!("zhen bahng")

Thanks!