I do realize that technically, matrimony takes two, but for me, the trip to NYC was all about MB. Long one of my most treasured and most admired friends, Marybeth is one of those people who is just too good to be true, except for the fact that she is. Brilliant, charming, principled, loyal, and eternally stylish, Marybeth is one of those friends that makes you feel better about yourself for the mere virtue of knowing that she thinks you're cool too.
I have all kinds of fantastic memories of our times at the LSE, but as those days, thank god, were not digitally recorded, I will happily start here, at the bachelorette party. You can't see it here, but all of us had recently been baptized in penis and testicle-shaped confetti.

A girl after my own chinky heart, MB brought an animatronic panda to the hotel pre-party.
Jason had something to say about being included in the festivities.

From Tribeca, we moved to on to the tranny-tastic decadence of Lips NYC.
Jason proved very popular.

Like all of us, Marybeth was captivated by Mary J. Blige, in addition to being moved by the signature frozen cosmopolitans.

On Saturday afternoon I made my way to Jersey City, where I was greeted with this marquee upon my exit from the PATH train station at Journal Square.
The interior of the theater, built in the 1920s and perpetually in the process of restoration, was phenomenal.

The bride and groom dance their first dance to The Cure.
I'm not sure why, but judging from his hand gestures, Cy appeared to feel that something at the wedding was "wiggety wiggety wack".
Quite possibly my very favorite picture of the night.











No comments:
Post a Comment