Wednesday, November 21, 2007

WANG LEE HOM - 放开你的心 (open up your heart)



Starting at 7:50am and continuing during each and every 10-minute break between classes at IUP, Chinese pop music is played loudly over the school's speakers. I have yet to determine the purpose of this system, but I very much enjoy the insta- life soundtrack it provides. Every few weeks the five or six songs that rotate get replaced by a new set and I must say, someone has fairly decent taste, at least regarding inoffensive, chipper tunes. For several weeks running now, Wang Lee Hom, a massive heartthrob on the mainland (and apparently a star in Ang Lee's Lust: Caution, which is screening here in a massively censored form) has been the darling of the IUP airwaves. This is not one of the songs playing now (there's too much English in it for that), but it is one of my cheesy favorites from the dreamy Mr. Wang. Enjoy

3 comments:

marxiano said...

Hit the gong, mute the gong. Repeat.

Anonymous said...

Funk-a-delic?

Bee Gees forever?

No leisure suits... *sigh*...


hugs,
pops

Maybeth said...

Whatever, I have a phone too...mister hot stuff.