Here are some pictures of the view out my bedroom window with and without pollution. The first is a pretty average day, the second a late afternoon just after a good rain. Pollution is bad. Seeing mountains is good. I could spit out a bunch of scary statistics about air quality in China, but then that wouldn't be much fun, would it?


After midterms tomorrow the school is taking us on a trip to Xi'an to see the terracotta warriors (all 6,000 of them!).
We are taking overnight trains in both directions and I am much looking forward to a couple good nights of train sleep and Chinese dreams. There will be a full report upon my return.
6 comments:
I want air quality statistics!
You can find them on my roommate's blog: http://chineselaoshi.blogger.com
or you can do some damn research yourself.
p.s. I got past the great Chinese firewall and into my blog!!! Hooray for those plucky anti-censorship websites (they know who they are)!
I want Terracotta warrior and loafer reports...
By the way, just found out that Tsinghua is where the pebble bed prototype reactor is being tested - heard anything?
hugs,
pops
Hey-
i finally recovered my password so I can leave comments. This is the BEST BLOG EVER. seriously. I give the address to people who don 't know you. I promise they aren't creepy.
You are a genius.
pops: I have no idea what you are talking about but I'll let you know if anything explodes.
carly: you are my queen and you have made my day. thanks so very much!
Just google or wikipedia "pebble bed reactor" and you'll see. Tsinghua is the only place in the world that has a working one.
It boils down to a reactor that can't go out of control - very clever design - and quite "clean" as nukes go too.
I don't know the prevailing views about nuclear energy amongst whippersnappers and I apologize if I'm inadvertently stepping on any toes etc.
pops
Post a Comment