At the beginning of August I went to Colorado Springs for a week

to visit my dad

and his birds,

Nick, Nora (/Norman), and Asta.

They live in a giant bird mansion full of amenities,

but have free rein of the living room during daylight hours.

Despite this freedom they seem most content hanging out on the roof of the cage

from where they nudge their toys off and then watch them drop

and hold meetings plotting the destruction of the humans ("tweet-tweet-tweet-tweet-tweet-kill").

When the birds allowed it we ventured out, stocking up on supplies at the famed King Soopers,

driving around the old town,



visiting the cute and kitschy town of Manitou,




and looping through the Garden of the Gods.




My pops used to live in Los Angeles, and I am pleased he has made the move to a new location with fresh cool air, puffy white clouds, and friends nearby. I am also pleased that his new home has the space with which to display some of the stunning artwork of my youthful years.
1 comment:
Thats my very favorite drive through liquor store. Sweet memories..."
Post a Comment