I don't know a thing about photography, travel-related or otherwise, but have always remembered my mother's advice that images framed by doors and windows almost always turn out nicely. I was thus excited by the opportunities presented by Hawa Mahal, the "Palace of the Winds" (below), Jaipur's most iconic building.
The palace, painted salmon pink like most every other structure in the old city, was built in 1799 by King Sawai Pratap Singh. Five stories high but only one room deep, its 953 latticed windows allowed the Singh Queens to observe parades and daily city life while maintaining purdah and remaining hidden from the eyes of commoners.
Views from inside:









3 comments:
Awesome. It is so colorful in India. In India-na, it is gray and brown and barely snowy again.
Snow again?!
It's even prettier in person, but I'm guessing there aren't many trout streams nearby.
holy jesus that is gorgeous. i thought the photo of the palace from the outside was #1, but the view from the windows and the windows themselves are breathtaking.
ps: my word verification for leaving this comment is 'ouslit'. think about it.
Post a Comment